Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Most Memorable Summer Ever. Not.

Summer is passing so slowly. I can't believe it's already April, and I haven't been to the beach once. So far, everything has been pretty much a let down. I mean, people always make a deal about the summer before you start your new life as a college freshman, an endless string of shopping and partying. Where are the amazing shopping sprees and the cute boys, I ask you? I sure don't see them anywhere.

Seeing that I don't have anything else to do and my time online is limited, I decided to make a list.

Why My Summer Sucks:
  1. I'm flat broke. By broke, I mean I-can-barely-buy-myself-a-new-swimsuit broke. Its summer. It should be declared a law that every girl be provided with a swimsuit during this season, albeit one that doesn't make her look like a surfboard. All the fashion spreads featuring new swimsuits are making my mouth water.
  2. This is related to the first reason. I wanted to enrol in a Creative Writing class for the summer, but--here it comes--I don't have any money. I mean, a being in a summer program just seems like a great opportunity to meet new friends and learns tons of amazing life lessons. So, a piece of advice to those who have this opportunity: Make the most of it.
  3. My best friend is spending her summer in a far-flung town far beyond the reach of civilization, and isn't coming back until school starts again. I miss the days when I could just invite her for a Romantic Comedy Marathon on a whim, and she could actually come without the necessity of riding a bus.
  4. I'm think I'm going insane, due to the number of The Bold and the Beautiful and General Hospital episodes I've seen.

Clearly, if you don't see this as a plea for help, run.

4 comments:

Emma said...

don't worry, you will still have ample time for a kickass summer. or, i hope so. damn, you're right, time moves so fast!

Eli said...

I bought this book with pre suggested daily entries. So for each day it gives me a subject to write about. It was very cool and not that expensive. I use it too keep myself on my "creative writing" track, being that it was what I graduated for and all.

Tru said...

aww that sucks but don't despiar that's lots of fun things you can still do like if you like to write try your ahnd at fan fiction or a novel...read....hang out with some of your other friends....also on another note. I took a creatieve writing class this year during school, very cool deal but that was mostly cuz I love the teacher who teachs it. he is seriously like one the coolest people on the planet

The Spicers said...

Don't despair, and please lay off the soaps. Daytime TV is just depressing. Do something: read a book, write a book, draw, make collages, exercise, anything but that!